Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hw 49

From Steph - Hw 47

I was shocked that everyone you interviewed was unsure of how they wanted to be buried, yes it's a sad thing and yes we are young but it eventually has to be talked about. Although I don't know exactly what I want once I die I do know that I want my funereal to be like a party and I don't want people to be sad and cry. I enjoyed that you asked everyone if the funeral was religiously orientated, and reading about how Jewish families handle death was interesting. Over all your post was good, just reread your work for grammar and spelling mistakes. Keep up the good work!

From Michelle - Hw 48

By interviewing your parents about the care of the dead, something I'm sure you would have never done, or I would have done with my own parents before this unit. You were able to find out about your parents views on the care of the dead and even found that they act similarly during these situations.The line I most valued was," I agree with my parents even when I questioned the system being morally right... Yet I thought this system was a social practice and all social practices have bonders that if crossed you were out casted but the system allows for any variation imaginable which makes it beautiful." From every units we have learned some way of how our social practices may seem normal but actually if looked more closely have a negative aspect, so I wonder what it'll be in this unit. Only thing that would have made this post even better would have been questioning parents a little more, maybe how they want to be cared or the emotions that they or other around them felt during a funeral or any other question you had. But other than that good job

PS did this comment before you labeled your best blog post

From Mentor - Hw47

I also believe that teenagers should not think about how they want to be berried. It's a depressing topic that I would not want anyone to think about till they have to. Young people have a lot of life left to live, they should not rush to think about the end of it. The line "As children we our kept away from it and as teenagers we our taught that it can happen to any one at anytime. As adults we have to lean to embrace it because it is all around us everyday." caught my attention because this is social norm that is in place here in the United states but not in most other countries. I wonder if you compared this process to other country. What would you find similar and different about it. Great Post.

From protege - Hw 47

I can see what you were talking about when you said that most teens share your point of view because all of them felt that they were too young to think about death and all of them have had a personal experience with death.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Steph -

I liked the order you asked your questions in, it made you interview stronger. You stated that" Although she isn't very religious she respects the social norms of society and handles the care with respect." I found this very true in my interviews as well. People had either religion beliefs to follow or there own beliefs but they still respected and followed what they thought were the social norms for the care of the dead. I feel you could have found another connection but I enjoyed reading your post.

To Michelle -

First I want to say your blessed because a lot of my family has past away in resent years. You talked about one of your class mates ding which I can't imagine ever happening to one of my fellow classmates. This must have been a bit traumatizing for you seeing a person the same age as you dying. A friend i lost contact with died and it was hard for me to handle. I cant imagine what you went threw at the age of 13. You made a great comment "As a child, I was innocent and the concept of dead people hadn’t been introduced to me yet" Children are hidden from death in general because adults feel that death is to real for them to see. But is it really to real, if children's shows didn't portray people as living forever would it be hard for children to accept? Great Post !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment