Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hw 55

After studying about the funeral industry in depth and thinking about how I want to be buried. I wanted to know if my parents had talked about their funerals with each other or if they had even started to think about their own funeral.


My parents are not on the same page when it comes to them knowing how each other wants their funnels to be but they have thought about their own funerals. My mother believes that my father wants a full catholic funeral with a wake, a mass and a grave burial. On the contrary though, my dad is happy with just a ceremony in his honor and to be cremated. My father was more in the ballpark when describing my mother’s funeral. He was right in saying that she wants to have a traditional Jewish funeral but my mom as of now want to be buried not cremated. My parents after being interviewed said that they had not put much thought into how they wanted to be buried till after their parents died two years ago. Both their parents had mini books written on how they wanted their funerals to be and how they wanted to be buried. My mom finds it depressing and does not like to think about her funeral. She told me the times she has thought about it, she can’t make up her mind whether or not to be buried or cremated. My dad told me he was not confident in what he wants to do for his funeral but he knows he wants to be cremated in the end. But that could change.

2 comments:

  1. Evan, Your elevator speech really was fun to watch and listen because you interacted with the crowd and made people really get and idea of what you did for your culminating project. I think that being able to know what your parents want to happen to them when they are dead is a very important thing, and by reading your project I can see that you went into depth with the comparing and contrasting of your parents death plans and how your mother and father are on two different pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan,

    Do you feel comfortable with the use of full names? If not, just erase that part of the soundtrack or take down the video.

    ReplyDelete